Buffalo City Living Property Management June 2020 Newsletter
WELCOME TO SUMMER:
Greetings to our Tenants! Your Landlords’ Agents at Buffalo City Living, LLC wish to extend to you all a warm hello and provide you with some information we feel is important. The big updates this month pertain to Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order 202.28, which has temporarily re-written the book on late fees and tenant evictions in New York State.
REGARDING PAYMENT PLANS AND EVICTIONS:
- Through June 21st, 2020:
- Buffalo City Living will not file any tenant evictions in court. Also, we will not require payment plans for past due balances through June 21st.
- For the period of June 22nd through August 20th, 2020:
- Buffalo City Living will resume evictions “as usual” for any delinquent tenant who has a past-due rent balance AND has not signed a payment plan with our office.
- We will also resume evictions for all other defaults of rental agreements.
- Payment plans must be drafted and signed by the Tenant and Landlord’s Agent for all past due rent balances.
- We will only offer payment plans to tenants who provide documentation to prove they are either
- (1) eligible for unemployment insurance or benefits under state or federal law or
- (2) otherwise facing financial hardship due to COVID-19.
- Beginning August 21st, 2020:
- Buffalo City Living, LLC will resume business as usual. Evictions will be filed in court for all defaults of rental agreements, including non-payment of rent.
REGARDING LATE FEES:
- Buffalo City Living will be waiving late fees between March 20th and August 20th, 2020.
- Please review your lease ledger to ensure that our Buildium Property Management Software did not automatically apply late fees to your account between March 20th and August 20th, 2020.
- If you see a late fee applied within this time window, please call the Property Management Desk at 716-222-2489 ext. 2 and let us know so we may remove the charge from your account.
- Late Fees will apply to any past due balance existing on or after August 21st, 2020.
- Normal Late Fee application will occur on the 6th day of each month going forward.
REGARDING CORONAVIRUS (COVID19) POLICIES:
- The most recent update to our Company Coronavirus (COVID19) Policies is published on our website at www.buffalocityliving.com/covid19
- Please always comply with these policies and report any known violations to the Property Management Desk by calling 716-222-2489 ext. 2.
The Property Management Desk
Buffalo City Living, LLC – NY Licensed Real Estate Broker
2626 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214